APEC Summit Agenda Released
Updated On: Nov 03 2011 03:10:58 AM HST
The APEC 2011 USA Host Committee Tuesday announced the full agenda and featured panelists of the APEC 2011 CEO Summit, "The Future: Redefined," taking place November 10-12 in Honolulu, Hawaii, in conjunction with APEC USA 2011 Leaders Week.
The two-day Summit will focus on advancing trade and economic policy and partnerships for the future of the APEC region over a variety of special sessions that join 1,500 high-profile participants including government leaders, private sector Chairmen and CEOs and other influential leaders from the Asia-Pacific.
This unprecedented gathering of public and private sector leadership from the fastest-growing region of the world is slated to be the ?board meeting of the Asia-Pacific?.
The Summit is expected to feature dynamic interactions with APEC Leaders including President Barack Obama of the United States, President Hu Jintao of China, President Dmitry Medvedev of Russia, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono of Indonesia, Prime Minister Julia Gillard of Australia, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of Singapore, and President Felipe Calderón of Mexico, among others.
Key sessions and speakers announced Tuesday include:
- Opening Session: The Future. Redefined. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of Singapore, Eli Lilly Chairman, President & CEO John C. Lechleiter, and PwC CEO Dennis Nally will discuss how their companies and other policymakers are transforming their expectations of the future as Asia-Pacific changes.
- Globalization: Revisited. Featuring Pankaj Ghemawat, author of World 3.0 and Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman in a discussion of the future of the global trading system and the pursuit of a truly global solution. Regional institutions and agreements ? such as the proposed Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) ? will be evaluated to see how they are helping to further global trade, development and economic architecture.
- Seeking Stability in an Unstable World. Amidst continued global financial instability, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (KSAR) Chief Executive Donald Tsang; Professor Fan Gang of the National Economic Research Institute of China and IDB President Luis Alberto Moreno will evaluate the key sources of instability and debate how economies and investors can overcome them and achieve stability in an unsettled environment.
- Redefining Health: An Economic Asset and Competitive Advantage. With aging populations and changes in diet and exercise increasing chronic disease in APEC economies, Johnson & Johnson CEO William Weldon will join CEO of Takeda Pharmaceuticals Yasuchika Hasegawa and Cleveland Clinic CEO Dr. Toby Cosgrove to discuss how health can be redefined as a source of sustainable economic growth and competitive advantage.
- 2020 Vision: The Future. Redefined. Microsoft Chief Research & Strategy Officer Craig Mundie, World Bank Managing Director Sri Mulyani and Macrowikinomics author Don Tapscott will discuss what areas are most likely to define the future for the region, and how business and government can cooperate to create a 21st century trade environment.
To view a complete agenda, click here.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.