Thanksgiving Day Closures
Updated On: Nov 23 2011 04:03:43 AM HST
Thanksgiving Day is a state and federal holiday.
Here's a list of the closures scheduled for Thanksgiving Day according to each county:
City & County of Honolulu
- The People?s Open Markets will not be held.
- City golf courses, the Honolulu Zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Refuse collections will be made as usual and landfills/convenience centers will be open.
- Handi-Van service will be available.
- City buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
County of Maui
County offices will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving, according to its website. All public libraries will be closed along with county pools. The hours of operation for County landfills on Maui, Molokai and Lanai will be changed to the following:
- Central Maui Landfill - 6 am ? Noon
- Hana Landfill - Closed
- Molokai Landfill - Closed
- Lanai Landfill - Closed
- Olowalu Convenience Center - Closed
- EKO compost - 6 am ? Noon
All residential refuse collection will be on the regular schedule.
County of Hawaii
- All County of Hawai?i offices will be closed for the day.
- All solid waste transfer stations will be closed.
- County Parks will be open, however, Parks and Recreation staff and services will be unavailable.
- Gymnasiums will be closed unless prior arrangements were made for tournaments, etc.
- All first responder emergency services will be available as usual.
- The Hele On Bus schedule will be following a holiday schedule, i.e.; only South Kohala Resort routes will be in service.
County of Kauai
- County offices will be closed along with all refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, Puhi Metals Recycling Center, and the Kauai Resource Center.
- The Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools and all HI-5 redemption centers will also be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
- The Kaua?i Bus will not be operating on Thanksgiving Day. For more information on the Kauai Bus, log on to the county website or call 241-6410
- Residential refuse pick-up will continue as scheduled.
- Normal business hours for county offices and services will resume on Friday, Nov. 25.
Copyright 2012 by the U.S. Geological Survey’s Hawaiian Volcano Observatory all rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.