McDonald's golden arches are recognized around the world. But would you guess the arches are more iconic than the cross? The following facts, compiled by Business Insider, may surprise you.
1. McDonald's has more locations than Taco Bell, Wendy's, Arby's, and Burger King combined.
2. McDonald's launched 1,400 new locations in 2012. That's approximately the same number of Chipotle's total.
3. Thirteen billion servings of fries are sold each year.
...That's approximately 97 servings for every person born in a year.
4. McDonald's employs 1.8 million people worldwide.
5. In 2012, McDonald's spent $788 million on advertising.
6. Approximately 63 million people around the world enter a McDonald's each day. That's greater than the population of Great Britain.
7. Every second McDonald's sells more than 75 hamburgers.
8. One million U.S. workers are hired by McDonald's each year.
9. Have you ever worked at McDonald's? One in eight American workers have.
10. Great Britain's largest private-sector employer is McDonald's.
11. McDonald's golden arches are more recognizable than the cross.
12. Thanks to the 'Happy Meal', McDonald's is the largest distributor of toys in the world.
13. Americans eat one billion pounds of beef at McDonald's each year.
Flickr via ozz13x
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.