The City and County of Honolulu’s Department of Environmental Services has 11 major sewer projects in June that may impact roadways and traffic on Oahu.
The projects include the following:
- Ala Moana Boulevard / Auahi Street Sewer Rehabilitation Phase 1 – Sewer rehabilitation work at the intersection of Ala Moana Boulevard and Ilalo Street.
- Beachwalk Wastewater Pump Station to Ala Moana Park Sewer Phase 1, Force Main System – Installation of a new sewer line along Ala Moana Boulevard (between Atkinson Drive and Ala Wai Canal), and along Ala Wai Boulevard (between Kalakaua Avenue to the dead end of Ala Wai Boulevard).
- Hanawai Circle Sewer Reconstruction – Installation and rehabilitation of new sewer line along Farrington Highway (between Waipahu Depot Street and Hanawai Circle) and along Waipahu Depot Street (between Farrington Highway and Waipahu Street).
- Houghtailing Street Area Sewer Rehabilitation – Sewer rehabilitation work in Kamehameha Heights area on various streets within the area bordered by North School Street, Kokea Street, Kamalii Street, Aulii Street, Ilima Drive, Makanani Drive and Kapalama Drive.
- Kalihi-Nuuanu Sewer Rehabilitation Phase 1J – Sewer rehabilitation work on various streets with the Pacific Heights area.
- Makaha Interceptor Sewer Rehabilitation/Replacement – Sewer rehabilitation work along Farrington Highway between Ala Hema Street and Leihoku Street and along Pokai Bay Street.
- Moiliili-Kapahulu Sewer Rehabilitation/Reconstruction Sewer – Installation and rehabilitation of new sewer line along Date Street (between Pumehana and Lukepane Street).
- Saint Louis Heights Sewer Rehabilitation – Sewer rehabilitation work on various streets with the area bordered by Bertram Street, Kaminaka Drive, Saint Louis Drive and Dole Street.
- Waikiki Sewer Rehabilitation – Sewer rehabilitation work along Kuhio Avenue between Kuamoo Street and Kaiulani Avenue.
- Waipahu Street Emergency Sewer Repair – Installation and rehabilitation of new sewer line along Waipahu Street (between Hawaii Plantation Village and Awamoi Street).
- Wilhelmina Rise Sewer Rehabilitation – Sewer rehabilitation work in Wilhelmina Rise area on various streets within the area bordered by Paula Drive, Lurline Drive, Wilhelmina Rise, Keanu Street and Claudine Street.
Approximately 108 projects are underway focused on Oahu’s wastewater treatment plants, pump stations and collection system. These projects are part of $610 million of ongoing wastewater projects, including planning, designing, construction, project management and equipment project phases.