Man suffers burns in Mililani townhouse fire

Published On: Feb 11 2013 05:31:05 PM HST

A man in his 60s in a wheelchair suffered burns when a fire burned at a Mililani townhouse Monday. This is amateur video sent in to the newsroom.

MILILANI, Hawaii -

A man in his 60s suffered first and second degree burns from a fire at a Mililani townhouse on Monday, according to Emergency Medical Services officials.

The fire damaged the townhouse on Kahikinui Court at around 10:30 a.m.

The man, who was in a wheelchair, was treated at the scene and taken to a burn center in serious condition.

The fire was considered accidental, according to fire officials.  Investigators say there was an electrical malfunction from a lamp in the bedroom.

Damage was estimated at $50,000.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this site, this station or its affiliated companies. By posting your comments you agree to accept our terms of use.
blog comments powered by Disqus