Man suffers burns in Mililani townhouse fire
A man in his 60s suffered first and second degree burns from a fire at a Mililani townhouse on Monday, according to Emergency Medical Services officials.
The fire damaged the townhouse on Kahikinui Court at around 10:30 a.m.
The man, who was in a wheelchair, was treated at the scene and taken to a burn center in serious condition.
The fire was considered accidental, according to fire officials. Investigators say there was an electrical malfunction from a lamp in the bedroom.
Damage was estimated at $50,000.
Copyright 2013 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.