Maui County officials say some Upcountry Maui residents are being affected by a damaged water line Friday.
The potable water tanker is located on Kokomo Road at a vacant lot between Hoolea and Puuomalei Roads.
Crews are working on a temporary bypass to restore water service to customers until the 12-inch line can be replaced.
Water is expected to be restored by 5:30 p.m. Friday and customers may want to flush their lines, if necessary, at that time. In the meantime, Maui County officials are telling residents to conserve water.
The following areas are affected by the damaged water line:
- Kailiili Road - no water
- Upper section of Kokomo Road - very low pressure
- Hoolea Place - very low pressure
- Puuomalei Road - very low pressure
- Upper section of Kaupakalua Road - very low pressure
- Piiholo Road - very low pressure
- Waiahiwi Road - no water