Unattended candle sparks fire at Kahala yoga store

Published On: Dec 31 2012 11:14:08 AM HST
Updated On: Dec 31 2012 04:29:44 PM HST

Honolulu fire officials say a blaze broke out at Core Power Yoga at Kahala Mall early Monday.

HONOLULU -

Honolulu fire officials say an unattended candle was the cause of a fire at store at Kahala Mall early Monday morning.

It happened at the Core Power Yoga at around 1:30 a.m.

A security guard reported seeing light smoke coming from a vent near the store.

Upon arrival, firefighters reported seeing flames visible inside.

Fire officials say the candle was on a foam mat.  The candle burned down to the foam mat and the mat caught on fire.  The wooden floor under the mat was also burned.

The heat also cracked a mirror.

Fire crews extinguished the flames just before 2 a.m.  No one was injured.

Damage is estimated at $1,000.

The mall was open for normal operations.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this site, this station or its affiliated companies. By posting your comments you agree to accept our terms of use.
blog comments powered by Disqus