What's open, closed on Election Day
Updated On: Nov 05 2012 02:33:01 PM HST
Election Day is a state, city and county holiday. So, all state, city and county offices are closed as well as state libraries. Here are other closures by county:
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License Offices will be closed.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a weekday and school day off schedule.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- All refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, the Kauai Resource Center, and the Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools will be closed.
- All HI-5 bottle redemption centers that are normally open on Tuesdays will be open except for the one located at the Kauai Resource Center. Puhi Metals Recycling Center will also be open.
- Residential refuse pickup will continue as scheduled.
- The Kauai Bus will be operating on a modified schedule on Election Day as well as on all other county holidays, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Copyright 2012 by KITV All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.