Election Day is a state, city and county holiday. So, all state, city and county offices are closed as well as state libraries. Here are other closures by county:
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License Offices will be closed.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a weekday and school day off schedule.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- All refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, the Kauai Resource Center, and the Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools will be closed.
- All HI-5 bottle redemption centers that are normally open on Tuesdays will be open except for the one located at the Kauai Resource Center. Puhi Metals Recycling Center will also be open.
- Residential refuse pickup will continue as scheduled.
- The Kauai Bus will be operating on a modified schedule on Election Day as well as on all other county holidays, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.