State, city and county offices will be closed on Good Friday April 18.
Here's more information about Good Friday from some of the counties:
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular refuse collections will be made and landfills, convenience centers, and transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on its state holiday schedule. (For information, go to www.thebus.org.)
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Offices will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- All refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, Kauai Resource Center, and Kapa'a and Waimea swimming pools, will be closed.
- The Kaua'i Bus will be operating on a modified schedule.
- Puhi Metals Recycling Center will keep its normal hours on Good Friday.
- All HI-5 bottle redemption centers, with the exception of the Kaua'i Resource Center ,will be open on Good Friday.
- Residential refuse pickup will not be affected by the holidays, and will continue as scheduled.
- For more information about the Kaua'i Bus, please log on to the county website, www.kauai.gov, or call 246-8110 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about recycling and waste disposal, please log on to the county website or call 241-4841.