Day 3 of Deedy murder trial

Published On: Jul 10 2013 11:15:00 PM HST

Day three of the Christopher Deedy murder trial revealed the minutes just before and after the killing.

Video was shown of the special agent's actions on the morning of Nov. 5, 2011 along with nearly all of Kollin Eldert's final moments.

Not only was the deadly incident caught on camera, so were the actions leading up to the fatal encounter.

Surveillance video from inside the Waikiki McDonald's was shown in court.

The video had no sound and only snapped a picture every few seconds, so attorneys for both sides tried to fill in the blanks for the jury with witness testimony.

According to the timestamp on the video, Deedy and his friends, including Adam Bukowski, were at the McDonald's first around 2:30 in the morning. Twelve minutes later, Elderts and Shane Medeiros walked up to the counter. Not long after that, Deedy approached Elderts' table and a fight soon broke out.

The day's main witness, lead detective Peter Boyle, pieced together what happened that morning in the frames jurors couldn't see.

The first of three gunshots was fired at 2:42. It sailed over the heads of those inside the restaurant and lodged in the wall across the entrance.

While images seemed clear for Boyle under prosecutor's questions, the detective seemed to have more trouble seeing things clearly for Deedy's defense lawyers.

"I saw Elderts approaching the defendant, but if you're asking if I remember a punch, I would have to review the frame of video," said Boyle.

The video will likely be reviewed throughout the trial as it is a key piece of evidence. It showed what happened before, during and after the deadly confrontation.

The man supposedly harassed by Elderts and Medeiros at the McDonald's that November night is expected to take the stand on Thursday.


The views expressed are not those of this site, this station or its affiliated companies. By posting your comments you agree to accept our terms of use.
blog comments powered by Disqus