Advertisement

4 left homeless after Waimalu townhouse fire

Published On: Jul 12 2013 08:51:00 AM HST

Chong Pak

AIEA, Hawaii -

Honolulu firefighters responded to a two-alarm building fire Friday morning at the Pacific Village & Annex on Ualo Street in Waimalu.

Crews were called around 6:40 a.m., according to fire officials. The flames were extinguished by 7:23 a.m. on the second floor of a three-story townhouse.

A 48-year-old woman was treated for apparent smoke inhalation, according to fire officials.

The American Red Cross was dispatched to the scene to aid the four residents displaced.

Fire officials say six cats died in the fire.

Damage was estimated at $325,000.  Fire officials say the blaze was caused by an accidental malfunction of a power strip in the living room.

u local

Check out breaking news photos and videos shared by you.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this site, this station or its affiliated companies. By posting your comments you agree to accept our terms of use.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertising
Advertising