15 kids were sent to the hospital after experiencing irritation from pepper spray released Friday morning in the Palolo District Park gym.
According to police, HPD officers were making a presentation to a summer fun program around 9:10 a.m. when several of the kids started coughing and rubbing their eyes.
Officers subsequently evacuated the gym and found a spent pepper spray bottle on the gym bleachers.
Upon further investigation, the officers learned that one of the kids apparently brought the pepper spray and triggered it during the presentation.
The 15 affects kids were taken by paramedics to the hospital for observation.
No arrests have been made but the investigation is ongoing.