Second arrest of suspect in 4 days

Published On: May 15 2013 11:17:00 PM HST

An Oahu man accused of terrorizing three different people in four days has been arrested again.

Some people are questioning if  Jamal Morris, should not have been let out of jail so easily.

Maseeh Ganjali said he was heading to work in the University area when Morris asked for a ride. Morris told him he was headed to Da Spot Restaurant. When they were only a block from their destination, Maseeh said he was attacked.

"Right before University Avenue Morris started jumping on Maseeh. He tried to pull his eyes out and beat his head. Maseeh fell out and he ended up on the ground. Morris comes out and beats him up some more until the police get there," said Maseeh's father, John Ganjali.

Police arrested Morris along University Avenue Wednesday afternoon.  Saturday night, Morris had also been arrested at a nearby park after a late night incident.

According to court records witnesses saw Morris walk into the Da Spot in a hurried manner and approach the stage.  Morris was holding a bottle of alcohol and then started pouring it onto the drummer. He then tried to light the liquid using a lighter, court records said.

Gourmet Liquors is located near Da Spot, and the owner said he was there when the suspect entered the store before the restaurant incident Saturday night.

He said, "The suspect came in and bought a $1 dollar lighter. After paying for it, Jamal grabbed a bottle of Grey Goose and told me,' If you follow me, I will kill you.' Then the suspect left with the stolen bottle."

Morris was arrested for terroristic threatening but released on bail.  Something many in the community are questioning.

"He's got to be locked down or taken care of. I can't understand why they allow such a person to join the community," said Ganjali.

Maseeh was released from the hospital Wednesday evening and is recovering from the attack, but his father worries about what could have happened.

'I'm thankful this didn't happen to a 5, 10, or 20-year-old kid because Morris would have killed them. He's a big, giant guy," added Ganjali.

Morris did not appear in court Wednesday morning where he was supposed to enter a plea for Saturday's case.

He is expected to appear in court on Thursday for additional assault charges from Wednesday's attack.


The views expressed are not those of this site, this station or its affiliated companies. By posting your comments you agree to accept our terms of use.
blog comments powered by Disqus