Transformer explodes in Downtown Honolulu

Published On: May 15 2013 04:37:07 PM HST

Kit Grant

HONOLULU -

Honolulu fire officials say a transformer exploded in Downtown Honolulu Wednesday afternoon startling some who live and work in the area.

It happened at Century Square at 1188 Bishop Street.

Fire officials say a transformer malfunctioned and exploded.  The blast did not cause more damage.

Oil splashed on one man, but he wasn't injured.  The oil was not toxic nor environmentally hazardous, according to fire officials.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this site, this station or its affiliated companies. By posting your comments you agree to accept our terms of use.
blog comments powered by Disqus