Advertisement

Waipahu tree house fire injures man

Published On: Oct 27 2013 06:57:00 PM HST

Shannon Torres shot this video of a tree house fire in Waipahu Sunday afternoon. A man was injured apparently after he started the fire with a candle.

WAIPAHU -

Minor injuries were reported by a man after the tree house he was in caught fire Sunday afternoon.

The fire was first reported around 4:20 p.m. on Haaa Street in Waipahu.

Click here to watch the home video of the fire.

Shannon Torres was next door to the blaze when it erupted and shot this brief clip of the blaze.

"I was sleeping and I heard popping noises," said Torres. "So then I woke-up and I see this big fire. It was really terrible."

She added that she would have kept filming the blaze but the intense heat from the fire forced her to seek cover.

Quick responses from the Honolulu Fire Department and assistance from neighbors with water hoses helped to keep the fire from spreading.

The 10 foot -by-10 foot tree house is perched in a mango tree.

One person was inside the tree house when the fire started.

Officials say he was using a candle that ignited the drapes.

He suffered minor blistering on his hands.

No indication was given on the total damage caused by the fire.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this site, this station or its affiliated companies. By posting your comments you agree to accept our terms of use.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertising
Advertising